Until 15 December you can test Writefull – an AI-enhanced tool that offers automated language feedback on scientific texts. The tool checks for correctness of grammar, word use, style, and more. The Sentence Palette widget included in Writefull also checks phrasing and word order that is characteristic of a given scientific discipline.
To use Writefull you need to set up an individual account with your WMU email address (@umw.edu.pl or @ student.umw.edu.pl) and install a plugin for MS Word or LaTeX Overleaf.
Writefull for Word gives language feedback on text written in Microsoft Word with different levels of editing depending on individual need. In ‘Proofread’ mode, Writefull checks for correctness of grammar, word use, style, and more. In ‘Full Edit’ mode, Writefull additionally checks phrasing and word order, for enhanced text readability. The Language Search widget offers a database with authentic language of scientific texts, to see how words and phrases should be used in context.
The Writefull Revise tool screens text for correctness of grammar, spelling, vocabulary, punctuation, and style. Students and staff can upload their text to Revise, review language suggestions, and download a revised version of their text incorporating all accepted suggestions. Another tool – Writefull Cite – screens texts for citation completeness, highlighting sentences that should be supported by a reference. Unlike anti-plagiarism tools, Writefull Cite does not compare texts against a database. It uses its own AI-based model to assess if citations are likely needed.
To use Writefull Revise and Writefull Cite you need to go to their respective websites and log in. Please, check the details in the brochure on page 10.
Until 10 December you can test Complete Anatomy – an interactive anatomy platform that offers various features:
* highly detailed human anatomy models – over 20,000 interactive structures, including a 3D beating heart
* English and Latin terminology, full descriptions, definitions, pronunciation
* interactive radiology images for correlating their structures to the 3D models
* dynamic cross-sections, real-time muscle motion, bone surface and landmarks mapping, innervation, scheme of operation of the bloodstream
* 22 microscopic anatomical models
* over 2,000 videos on cardiology, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, dentistry and more
* Augmented Reality mode for interacting with the models – virtual dissection, simulating body injuries and pathologies and animating points of pain on the model, labeling and annotating, importing images
* comprehensive courses led by renowned experts on human anatomy, ultrasonography, body imaging, clinical correlates and more
* creating your own collections of resources, lectures and courses according to your needs with Curriculum Manager.
To use Complete Anatomy you need to download it from the publisher’s website (https://3d4medical.com/) while in range of WMU IP addresses and set up an individual account with WMU email address (@umw.edu.pl or @ student.umw.edu.pl).