Facilities for people with disabilities
- A ramp with a gentle angle leads to the main entrance.
- Two parking spaces for people with disabilities are designated next to the driveway.
- The doors at the main entrance open automatically.
- At the Library’s gatehouse there is an elevator with lowered barriers, buttons with Breill notation, and audible signals.
- The counters located on the first and second floors are tuned in height for wheelchair users.
- A height-adjustable Infokiosk is available on the first floor.
- On the first and second floors there are handicap-accessible toilets with an emergency paging system installed.
- It is possible to enter the Library building with a guide dog or assistance dog.
On the second floor there is a separate single room adapted for people with special needs. Its equipment includes:
- A desk with adjustable height.
- Installed software that allows magnification of images.
- A ‘screen reader’ type program that converts information from the screen into speech using a synthesizer.
- A keyboard with large keys with contrasting large letters and symbols.
Branch No. 1
Facilities for disabled people on the premises of the F.1 building of the WMU Faculty of Pharmacy:
- A threshold-free, unobstructed driveway to the main entrance of the F.1 building:
- Designated parking spaces for disabled people
- Accessible toilets for disabled people
Facilities for disabled people on the premises of the Branch no. 1:
- Library counter height-adapted for wheelchair users
- Personal lockers height-adapted for wheelchair users
- Two dedicated computer workstations:
- software for image magnification installed on computers
- screen reader software for providing feedback on information on the computer screen through synthetic speech
- keyboards with large keys marked with big contrasting letters and symbols
- Magnifying equipment for reading printed books
- Possibility to enter with therapy and assistance animals